POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs : Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Apr 2001 10:24:01
Message: <3AE58C91.F64F9AAF@gmx.de>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> I don't know if it is possible with other windows but in NT 4 there is command
> START with optional parameter /WAIT. It waits until task not finish.
>
> start /wait povray.exe
>
> I don't know what about return codes from runing
>
> btw: command START can also set priority of task
>
> ABX

I know about that although i had forgotten it for the moment. Thanks for
mentioning it.  Anyway the most important problem stays, i.e. the program
takes at least some seconds to load and therefore it's not really useful
to start it again every time.

As already mentioned a GUI Extension offers very nice possibilities for
this (you could render scenes in a already running version of WinPov this
way). I did not have luck getting it work in the past, but i did not try
very hard anyway...

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>